Sinhgad Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology was established in year 2004 at a picturesque campus of Lonavala. It is the only institute in Pune Rural area with a futuristic educational campus hosting more than seven thousand students. The campus has an exotic landscape and provides a conducive environment for global education. It offers BHMCT course affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University and is approved by AICTE.
The institute building has unique eco-friendly architecture and hosts all required facilities such as modern class rooms, well equipped kitchens, bakery, and restaurants, elegantly designed lobby and aesthetically maintained guest rooms, the housekeeping lab and laundry, sophisticated meeting rooms and seminar hall, well connected computer center and resourceful library. The campus offers bouquet of amenities which includes cozy hostel accommodation, mess and canteen facility, branded coffee shops and ice-cream parlors, bustling cultural center, attentive campus clinic, beauty parlor and hair salon, ATM facility, provision stores and communication center, guest house, laundry services and reprography facilities, round the clock security with CCTV cameras, indoor sports facility, outdoor sports complex for a range of sports and a swimming pool. The institute has holistic approach for developing a thorough professional and has produced quality human resource for hospitality and tourism industry establishing itself as a recognized brand amongst hospitality majors globally.
‘Sinhgad Institutes’ are committed to make its multicultural dimension not only performance oriented but also set as an exclusive benchmark in human relations.
Sinhgad Institutes has a pronounced mechanism and an ability to manage multiculturalism and diversity. The large diverse population of students drawn from all over the world are extremely comfortable at the various Institutes of Sinhgad and are well looked after in all aspects. Major festivals are commonly celebrated and special events are coordinated for talent expression. This diversity has brought in a host of benefits that are mutually shared.
Goals & Objective
- To achieve excellent results at University examination through consistent efforts & improving teaching-learning process.
- Applying latest techniques of teaching methodology & skill of hospitality operations.
- Providing conductive environment for overall development of students into sensible citizens.
- Developing the institute into center of excellence in hospitality education through international tie-ups.
- Becoming the most preferred institute for global recruiters in hospitality industry.
Our Vision, Mission and Objectives of the Institution are exhibited at various strategic positions in the Institute premises like corridors, administrative office and library. We always ensure that most of our systems are recognized and occasionally analyzed.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Preparation: To provide opportunity to learn and acquire professional acumen & technical knowledge.
- Core competence: To develop an ability to innovate, communicate, analyze, interpret and apply technical concepts.
- Breadth: To increase awareness through various curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Professionalism: To instill professional & Social approach for success in profession.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
- Graduates would demonstrate knowledge of hospitality industry.
- Graduates would exhibit an ability to identify problem and find solution.
- Graduates would show an ability to experiment with existing systems and give inference.
- Graduates would display an ability of analysis and provide conclusions.
- Graduates would adopt skills to handle equipments, processes, software
- Graduates would show professionalism and communicate effectively.
- Graduates would show concern about society and understanding of contemporary practices.
- Graduates would boast confidence in self-ability and aptitude for extension of learning.