Sinhgad Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology was established in year 2004 at a picturesque campus of Lonavala. It is the only institute in Pune Rural area with a futuristic educational campus hosting more than seven thousand students. The campus has an exotic landscape and provides a conducive environment for global education. It offers BHMCT and B.Sc HS courses affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University and is approved by AICTE.
The institute building has unique eco-friendly architecture and hosts all required facilities such as modern class rooms, well equipped kitchens, bakery, and restaurants, elegantly designed lobby and aesthetically maintained guest rooms, the housekeeping lab and laundry, sophisticated meeting rooms and seminar hall, well connected computer center and resourceful library. The campus offers bouquet of amenities which includes cozy hostel accommodation, mess and canteen facility, branded coffee shops and ice-cream parlors, bustling cultural center, attentive campus clinic, beauty parlor and hair salon, ATM facility, provision stores and communication center, guest house, laundry services and reprography facilities, round the clock security with CCTV cameras, indoor sports facility, outdoor sports complex for a range of sports and a swimming pool. The institute has holistic approach for developing a thorough professional and has produced quality human resource for hospitality and tourism industry establishing itself as a recognized brand amongst hospitality majors globally.
‘Sinhgad Institutes’ are committed to make its multicultural dimension not only performance oriented but also set as an exclusive benchmark in human relations.
Sinhgad Institutes has a pronounced mechanism and an ability to manage multiculturalism and diversity. The large diverse population of students drawn from all over the world are extremely comfortable at the various Institutes of Sinhgad and are well looked after in all aspects. Major festivals are commonly celebrated and special events are coordinated for talent expression. This diversity has brought in a host of benefits that are mutually shared.
Short Term Goals:
- To achieve excellent results in at university examination through consistent efforts and improving teaching- learning process.
- Applying latest techniques of methodology and skills of hospitality operations.
- Providing conducive environment for overall development of students into sensible citizens.
Long Term Goals:
- Encouraging faculty development through continuing education and enrollment to doctorate programs.
- Developing the institute into center of excellence in hospitality education through international tie-ups.
- Starting Post graduate program and encouraging research in hospitality industry